Become a flatwater instructor with this introductory Canoeing - Flatwater Instructor (Level 1) Award course where you’ll get practical experience in:
• simple paddling skills to a high standard of efficiency and safety,
• rescues including towing practices,
• preparing and planning canoeing and kayaking expeditions for clients,
• conducting overnight expeditions,
• occupational Health and Safety procedures and risk management appropriate to the activity
• leadership skills,
• commercial guiding skills,
• outdoor instructional skills and
• small group training skills.
This course covers 20 units from the Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation.
To apply for this course, please click on the "Book Class" button on the institution's website and proceed to complete the online form. Full payment is required to process your enrolment and confirm the booking. The institution's staff will contact you by the following business day to obtain your credit card details.
Early enrolment is essential, preferably two weeks, or earlier, prior to course commencement. Enrolments close when classes are filled.
This campus is a five minute walk from centre of Geelong. It is bordered by Fenwick Street, Gordon Avenue, Little Malop Street and LaTrobe Terrace, and is across the road from Johnstone Park. The campus is located 100 metres from the Geelong Railway Station and all Geelong buses stop in the city centre.