The program is for adults who left school in their lower or secondary school years or who missed opportunities to learn. It aims to further develop participants' reading and writing, numeracy, oral communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Program content is dependent on the needs of students and subjects offered depend on the availability of resources. The program provides experience and competence in a wide range of literacies needed for:
* participation in the workplace
* access to further study and training
* participation in the community
* independent self expression and critical thinking
To start this course in 2011 apply directly to NMIT.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you are interested in studying part time.
Preston Campus houses the head office of administration and management of NMIT (Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE). One of its main attractions is St Georges Restaurant, a fully-licensed restaurant & bistro, considered one of Melbourne's premier hospitality training facilities.
Preston Campus also incorporates some of the finest facilities in Tourism and Hospitality as well as courses in Visual Arts, Information Technology, Electrotechnology, Design & Drafting, Koorie Services, Health & Community Studies, Office Administration, Work Education, Language Studies and Commerce. NMIT's Preston Campus is only nine kilometres north of the CBD. Another Preston Campus attraction is its proximity to the Preston Market which features healthy and cheap traditional food from around the world.
* Building A - A-Space Gallery is in room PA107 (Enter from St Georges Road)
* Building G - Cafeteria Opening Hours
* Building C - Library and Bookshop Opening Hours
* Building G, 1st Floor - Hairdressing Salon - open to students, staff and the public
* Building E, Room 118 - Massage Clinic - open to students, staff and the public
* Building Q, Room Q108 - IELTS Test Centre - open for IELTS English Test registrations and enquiries to students, staff and the public.