The Linguistics Programme from Monash University seeks to achieve the following objectives:
* Introduce students to the basic concepts and tools of analysis used in linguistics and applied linguistics
* Encourage and enable students to develop a critical perspective on language issues and problems relevant to society
* Enhance students’ understanding of second language acquisition and use
* Develop a range of research skills appropriate for the study of applied linguistics
* Equip students to analyse texts in context
* Explore language-related issues such as standardisation; education; language in the professions, business and the media; issues in bilingualism and language learning; language and identity.
The Master's electives do not assume knowledge of previous units; units can be studied in any order. This programme includes the:
*Graduate Certificate in Linguistics,
*Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics and
*Master of Applied Linguistics.
The most convenient way to enroll for a programme at OUA is via OUA's secured online enrolment system.
1. Create a login
To enrol online you will need to create a login (if you already have a login please go to step 2). To create a login, click the "Create a Login" link in My Area, located on nearly every page on our website.
2. Find your unit
The search is located in the top right corner on every page. You will also find unit and qualification lists in " What to study ". When you find a unit that interests you, click the name of the unit to view the unit description page.
3. Choose your study period
To enrol in the unit, click the “Enrol Now” button, located at the top and bottom of the unit description page. Select study period and click on “Add to shopping basket” button.
4. Add units to your shopping basket
You can return to your Shopping Basket at any time by clicking on "Shopping basket” in “My Area". All items added to your shopping basket are saved until you proceed with your enrolment or until the close of enrolment date of the selected study period.
Click the “Proceed with Enrolment” button on the shopping basket page to proceed through the enrolment process. Make sure you read each page along the way as its here that you will find important information about your enrolment.
Make your payments online
You can make your payment online any time before the close of enrolment date.
Making your payment is easy, login and click on the “Make a Payment” link in My Area. We accept payments by Credit Card, FEE-HELP, Money Order or Cheque.
OUA also allows students to apply for FEE-HELP via its online system.
Open Universities Australia (OUA) is Australia's largest online higher education services provider.
Local and international students are offered a flexible way to access higher education and enhance professional development through distance education. Over 1,000 units and 90 qualifications are offered through OUA's 18 partner institutions around the country.
OUA offers online courses in: bridging programmes, vocational education, undergraduate degrees and postgraduate qualifications in the areas of arts & humanities, business, education, engineering, health, information technology, law, and science.