I would like to go into Clinical/Medical research preferably cancer research but I am not sure what undergraduate degree I need. How do I get into that field of study? Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Broadly, you should be looking for a science degree with a focus on biomedical health. You could study biotechnology, biochemistry, chemistry, biology, health sciences, medicine or medical science. If you want to pursue an academic career, look for undergraduate degrees with the option for an Honours year and universities with a strong reputation for research, with links to cancer research institutions or hospitals.

Hope this helps,


Compare Courses

Ask the Expert Categories